Wednesday 4 May 2016

Bible Journaling / Restoration



I thought I'd do a little update on my Bible Journaling Journey!
The past few months have been a struggle to be completely honest. Dealing with crippling anxiety, panic disorder and a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome relapse had left me feeling pretty hopeless and for want of a better word - hollow.
I'd avoided church for quite some time due to anxiety issues, and was feeling really distant from God. Thankfully I managed to get my butt into church again a couple of weeks ago and got some prayer (a lovely lady gave a word about someone who was suffering with anxiety, hopelessness and joint, back and stomach pains - i.e: me) and honestly it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Ever since then the word RESTORATION has been popping up again and again, and I've been focusing on that in my prayer life and through Bible journaling.



I love that when I feel depressed or hopeless I can flick through my journaling Bible and see so many of God's promises to me covering the pages. One of the things I'm loving about Bible journaling is not only is it a great way to connect with God - even when I'm not 'feeling it', it's also like a record of my spiritual journey, which is why I date each page - so I can look back and remember what I was going through at that point in my life, and see how God came through for me.

I'm starting a Bible Journaling group this month and I'm really excited to see how we all grow together through creative worship. Isn't it great that you don't have to be perfect to be used by God!?


3 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful, you have a real talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think this is a wonderful way to express your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! But dont you find it difficult to read the scripture when you're covering it with this beautiful artwork? :)

    ReplyDelete